This Whole30 compliant soup is perfect for the beginning of fall. It’s extremely easy to prepare and makes a delicious and comforting breakfast, lunch or dinner. Make a batch of this soup over the weekend and have it on hand to-go throughout the week!
1 large head broccoli (about 1.5 lbs)
3 cloves garlic
2 tbsp ghee, bacon fat or other fat of choice
4 cups chicken bone broth
1 cup New Barn Unsweetened Almondmilk
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Roughly chop broccoli, shallots and garlic.
2. Heat a large, deep skillet over medium high heat and add cooking fat.
3. Turn down to medium and add shallots.
4. Sauté until translucent.
5. Add garlic and continue to sauté, adding a bit more fat if needed.
6. Add chopped broccoli and sauté for a few minutes adding salt and pepper, to taste.
7. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
8. Once boiling, turn down the heat and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes or until broccoli is soft.
9. After 30 minutes, turn off the heat and stir in the cup of Almondmilk.
10. Using a large ladle, carefully scoop the soup into a high-powered blender and blend in batches until smooth.
Recipe created for New Barn by Anya’s Eats.