Hope you all had an excellent Christmas! We sure did. Some of you may still have a house filled with hungry house guests, and we have just the thing. Try some of our tasty dairy-free french toast—total crowd pleaser.
8 Slices of bread (about 1/2”–1” thickness)
1/2 cup New Barn Organic Vanilla Almondmilk
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbs maple syrup
a big pinch salt
- If your bread is fresh, place it out on the counter while you prepare the other ingredients (stale is good!)
- Whisk the eggs, almond milk, cinnamon, syrup, and salt. Pour the egg mixture into a wide bowl or container (like a baking dish).
- Place enough coconut oil to coat the bottom of a skillet and put it over medium/high heat.
- Dunk the slices of bread into the egg mixture to coat both sides.
- Place the dunked bread into the pan and allow to cook until golden brown, flip and repeat on the other side.
- Dunk and cook the remaining slices of bread.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and DEVOUR!
Note: If you’re making the french toast a little ahead of time, it will keep well in a warm oven for a little while.