Our Unsweetened Almondmilk is now Whole30® approved! We are so excited about this partnership, one that has been growing since the Natural Products West Expo back in March of this year. We really hit it off with Melissa Hartwig when she expressed her frustration with there being a lack of Whole30® friendly almondmilk on the market. This is a partnership made in heaven for us, we are so excited to be able to support the lifestyle that Melissa has created. The bottle design will not change, but you will soon see special tags on each bottle of Unsweetened Almondmilk – we want it to really stand out!
To further support the launch of this perfect partnership, we have teamed up with the amazing Anya Kaats to create a Whole30® friendly recipe, featuring our Unsweetened Almondmilk. What’s even better, even non-Whole30 followers are going to love it!
Whole30® Sweet Potato Sesame Noodles
Sesame noodles on Whole30 are now possible with this delicious and nutrient-rich dish! Using New Barn’s Unsweetened Almond Milk with tahini, toasted sesame oil and other fresh ingredients, these sweet potato noodles have a thick, creamy sauce without any dairy or added sugar.
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized
2 tbsp ghee or other cooking fat
½ cup tahini
3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
¼ cup + 1 tbsp New Barn Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt, to taste
2-3 green onions, sliced for garnish
1 tbsp sesame seeds, for garnish
- Peel and spiralize sweet potatoes and place them in a large bowl.
- Heat 1-2 TBS ghee or other cooking fat in a large skillet. Depending on how big your pan is, you may have to cook the sweet potatoes in two batches, using just half the cooking fat each time.
- You’ll want to cook the sweet potatoes for about 5 minutes total, covering for the first 2-3 minutes so that they steam. After the first few minutes, remove the lid and stir until the potatoes start to soften. You don’t want them to soften too much as they’ll become mushy.
- Once cooked to desired texture, remove from pan and add the sweet potatoes back to the large bowl. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine tahini, toasted sesame oil, almond milk, ginger, apple cider vinegar, red pepper flakes and salt, to taste.
- Pour sauce over sweet potato noodles and using two forks, mix until the noodles are fully coated.
- If you have particularly long noodles you may want to slice them with a knife a few times to make the sauce easier to distribute throughout.
Once fully coated in the sauce, place the noodles into 2-4 bowls depending on desired serving size, top with sliced green onion and sesame seeds and serve hot or cold!
Get more great recipes from Anya on Anya’s Eats
What is Whole30®?
Established by Dallas Hartwig and Melissa Hartwig (of Whole9) in April 2009, the Whole30® is their original nutritional program designed to change your life in 30 days. Think of it as a short-term nutritional reset, designed to help you put an end to unhealthy cravings and habits, restore a healthy metabolism, heal your digestive tract, and balance your immune system.